Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pantry Secrets

I'll admit I was skeptical of this new way of making bread. Homemade bread in one hour? Hmmm........no way it could be very good, right? Well, I've been proven wrong. I'm loving this new recipe and have made 4 loaves this week, including a BBQ Chicken Braid for dinner last week and homemade grilled pizzas tonight. One loaf worth of the dough made five perfect sized, personal pizzas.

Here they are right before grilling with a bit of olive oil and cornmeal for the bottoms.



The kids were boring and just wanted cheese pizzas. Mine was a salad pizza - a bit of mozzarella and feta cheese with a bunch of spinach, yellow and orange bell pepper, red onion and fresh garlic. Nothing beats vege pizzas. My husband had the same thing, but added jalapenos.  The crust was thin and crispy and soooo tasty! We did a 50/50 wheat/white flour blend.


Thanks Melony, for teaching us about this awesome way of making breads! Pantry Secrets dough recipe can be found here.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

These look SO tasty. I'm going to have to give them a try.

Myla R said...

Thank you!