She has always been little miss crafty pants and is very multifaceted. She's a talented woman, that one is, so I'm sure you will see more of her on this blog in the future. This is her tutorial for a magnetic menu board with matching fabric rose magnets.
- (bought at Home Depot or Lowes) mine is 12X 18 inches
- fabric to cover front and back, wrapped around short ends of metal sheet
- wide ribbon which is wrapped on the 2 long sides of your board
- glue gun and glue
- round disk magnets
- Cut one piece of fabric to cover both sides of metal sheet, overlapping about 1 inch on backside. Cut within 1/2 inch on both long sides. Do not take fabric to the exact edge.
- With hot glue gun, glue only short edges of fabric after stretching it around metal sheet, overlapping fabric on back side and gluing the edge down.
- Glue ribbon on both long sides, folding half of ribbon on and around edge of metal sheet.
- Cut several 1.5 - 2 inch strips of fabric per . Each flower needs 3.
- Fold lengthwise and roll each strip and secure with glue on end.
- Glue raw edge of each roll to the raw edge of the next petal. Rolls are flat on bottom so that magnet disk can be glued to the underside.